- 1 Why do People Close IndusInd Bank accounts?
When someone opens a bank account, they infrequently close it, and the account had expected to remain open with the bank for a long time. Nowadays, as most banks work through online platforms, there is rarely a need to close a bank account under normal circumstances. Here we will see the actions on ‘How to Close IndusInd Bank Account Online.
Why do People Close IndusInd Bank accounts?
There can be many causes for closing a bank savings account, including:
- Customer service is unsatisfactory.
- Interest rate reduction
- Keeping a minimum account balance is essential, as is having a bad relationship with bank staff.
- We have multiple bank accounts.
- Banks are not providing good services online.
- Increased charges for financial transactions.
To close your current account, you may be interested in knowing how to close a bank account? It sounds tedious but closing your account is very easy. You need to follow some steps for it.
IndusInd Bank is one of the famous banks in India, which has many branches in various locations that provide you with all the facilities and benefits of a current account.
Can we close the IndusInd bank account online?
Unfortunately, you cannot close an IndusInd Bank account online; However, to close an IndusInd Bank account, you don’t need to see the home branch.
You may download the account closure form online and visit the nearest IndusInd Bank branch to close your IndusInd account online.
How to close my IndusInd Bank account?
If you want to close your IndusInd Bank Account, then you have to follow the given steps:
1. Fill IndusInd Bank Account Closure Form:
The first step to closing the IndusInd Bank Account is to fill and submit the IndusInd Account Closure Form. You may download it from the bank’s website or go to your branch, grasp the account closure form, and fill it out properly.
Then, you must sign it and present it to IndusInd Bank Branch Manager/Officer-in-Charge. If you have a joint account, the joint holder/s must all sign the account cancellation form.
2. Connect your KYC documents:
With the IndusInd bank account closure form, all account holders must attach a copy of the KYC documents, such as a PAN copy, which also serves as proof of identity and address. Clients can request self-verification of these documents.
3. Submit Balance Check Leaves, Debit Card and Passbook:
You must submit your balance check leaves, passbook and debit card. Your account closure application will be processed when you surrender all these documents.
4. Withdraw the balance cash from your IndusInd Bank Savings Account:
A bank official will verify the documentation submitted by you. After submitting all the documents, you had advised withdrawing the balance from your account.
You can withdraw cash, and the bank can issue a cheque/DD in your name or transfer money to another account.
Follow the above points, and you will close the IndusInd Bank account without problems. After your account is locked, banks often send SMS or an email to your registered email address and mobile phone.
Important Note: Though Online IndusInd Bank Account Closure is unavailable, you can download the IndusInd Account Closure Form from the official website.
How to close IndusInd Bank Current Account?
- To close your IndusInd Current Account, you must visit the bank branch where you opened it.
- As banks generally do not allow you to reopen a closed account, only close the account if you had convinced you would not need the account in the future.
- You must save a soft copy or printout of the complete bank statement for future reference from start to finish.
- Cancel your pre-programmed payment instructions.
- Before closing the account, the user must pay any outstanding debts or charges.
Close Fd in IndusInd Bank
In this detail, we will discuss closing the FD account in IndusInd Bank. If you want to close FD in IndusInd Bank online, we will give you some tips that will come in handy.
Here are the steps to close IndusInd Bank FD online:
- Visit IndusInd Bank and get the FD account closure form or download it online.
- Please fill out the bank account closure form and submit it to the bank.
- You can also obtain and submit a Fixed Deposit Liquidation Form.
- Please include all your KYC documents with your application form.
- And Also, submit the FD certificate/FD receipt to the bank.
IndusInd Bank Account Closure Charges
No charges will be levied if you close your IndusInd Bank Account within 14 or 12 months after opening.
Suppose the IndusInd account is closed between 15 and 12 months after opening. In that case, Rs. 200 or the balance in A/c, whichever is less, will be levied.
IndusInd Bank Helpline
Call the toll-free number 1860 500 5004 or visit the authorised website for further details.
We do not recommend anyone to shut a bank account. A bank account can help you in many ways. So please don’t close the IndusInd Bank account without a second thought.
We have supplied you with all the necessary details about how to close IndusInd Bank Account.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the maximum tenure for opening an IndusInd Bank Fixed Deposit?
You can open IndusInd Bank Fixed Deposit for up to ten years.
2. What is the minimum tenure for opening IndusInd Bank Fixed Deposit Scheme?
You can open IndusInd Bank Fixed Deposit Scheme for at least seven days.
3. Is there any early withdrawal facility for Indus Tax Saver Deposit Scheme?
There is no requirement for early withdrawal from Indus Tax Saver Deposit Scheme.
4. How to close a bank account online?
We cannot close bank accounts online. You have to go to the branch where you opened the account. So you must go to your main branch where you have the account and request and submit the form to close the account.
5. What is the minimum balance required for IndusInd Bank?
The minimum balance in A and B category branches are Rs.10,000, and in C and C1 category branches, Rs. 5,000 is required. The penalty for non-balance maintenance is Rs. 250 to Rs. 350, based on the amount available in the account.
6. Does IndusInd Bank supply a zero balance account facility?
IndusInd Easy Savings Account is a Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) offering maximum benefits with minimal requirements. Enjoy all your important banking services with ‘No Minimum Balance’ and ‘Full KYC Complete’.
7. Can an NRI open a savings account with IndusInd Bank?
Yes, suppose you are a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) staying in India for more than 180 days. In that case, you can create a savings account with IndusInd Bank by submitting a valid passport, visa and proof of residence in India.