Block Union Bank ATM card: In case your Union Bank of India ATM/Debit Card is lost or stolen, the cardholder should immediately block/Hotlist their card to avoid any misuse for security reasons.
You can block your ATM card by calling Union Bank of India’s 24-hour toll-free helpline or sending an SMS-based code from a registered mobile number. You can stop your card immediately by following any of these steps.
Reasons to Block Union Bank ATM Card:
You may like to block your Union Bank ATM card for many reasons.
- They lost their card and want to prevent any unauthorized transactions.
- Their account was compromised, and they must avoid unauthorized transactions until the situation is resolved.
- You may want to block an inactive card for a long time and not want to use it anymore.
- You may have changed banks and need to close the account associated with the Union Bank of India ATM Card.
However, here is how to block your Union Bank ATM Card:
Method 1: Steps to Block Union Bank ATM Card by IVRS
You do not have to be a bank executive to solve your problems; you can do it now.
- First, call the customer care line at 1800222244/1800222244
- From the IVRS menu, select the Card Blocking option.
- If you are in trouble, choose to connect with an executive to help you.
- Remember that you lost your card and want to block it.
- Providing all the required information when asked to stop the card is essential.
- They will ask for details like your bank location and the last four digits of your ATM card so they can identify it.
- After successful verification, your card was blocked.
Method 2: Process to Block Union Bank ATM Card via SMS
- Go to your phone’s SMS app and open it.
- Send the word ‘BLOCK’ and the last four digits of your ATM card number to the number printed on the ATM card or SMS to 9223008486 through the registered mobile number.
- Example Debit Card Number: 3524 2543 5246 8924
- Sent SMS “BLOCK 8924” to 9223008486
- You will receive an SMS confirming that your ATM card is blocked.
3rd Method: How do I block my Union Bank ATM using Internet banking?
- Go to Union Bank’s Internet Banking site and log in with your User ID and password.
- From there, navigate to the Requests section and select ‘Block ATM Card’ from the list of options.
- Then, enter the reason for blocking in the space provided.
- Finally, enter the ATM card number in the text box.
- Click the ‘Block Card’ button to turn it off immediately.
Method 4: Block Union Bank ATM Card by Using U Mobile App
U Mobile App allows you to block your debit card from the app.
- Go to the “More” section of the app,
- Tap on “Cards”
- Select the card you want to block.
- Click on “Block Card” and type the reason for blocking.
Method 5: Block Union Bank ATM Card by Visiting the Nearest Branch
It would help if you visited any Union Bank branch. Inform the bank staff that you have lost or misplaced your ATM card and wish to block it.
They will ask for specific information related to your bank accounts, like ATM card numbers and account numbers. Give them all the information, and your card will be blocked.
Customer Care Number:
Calling Customer Care is the quickest and most convenient way to block the Union Bank of India Debit Card. Customers can stop the debit card IVR itself. Below are the numbers customers can call.
- Toll-Free numbers: 1800 22 2244, 1800 208 2244
- other Toll Number: 080-61817110
- For NRIs: +918061817110
We have provided complete information about blocking the Union Bank of India ATM card. Follow each step and follow them correctly so that you can stop your card quickly.
If you want to know more about how to block a Union Bank of India ATM card, comment below. Please convey this post on social media so your friends can quickly get it. Good luck!!!
Blocking your card is an excellent way to protect yourself from identity theft, and in some cases, it may prevent you from using your card in transactions. When you block your card, it means the associated account is no longer accessible. It will do all future transactions through the new debit card. If you decide to unblock your card, this is not possible. However, it is essential to note that the new debit card does not have the same number as the old one.
The solution to this query depends on the bank that issued the card. Sometimes, the bank allows the person to withdraw a certain amount even if the card is blocked. In other cases, the bank will not allow any withdrawal from the card, regardless of who tries to do so.
If you block your card, no one can access your account. It is to protect you from identity & financial theft.
I think blocking the card and reporting it to Union Bank is safer. If the card is stolen or lost and someone is using it without your knowledge, it is a good idea to block it.
Unfortunately, a withdrawal request cannot be withdrawn or unblocked.