Change the mobile number in HDFC bank; HDFC Bank is the most trusted bank in India. HDFC Bank offers many digital banking facilities to its customers. A mobile number is mandatory for many banking transactions to avail of digital banking facilities.
Change the mobile number in HDFC bank.
If your registered mobile number is lost or you change your mobile number, you should immediately update your mobile number in your HDFC Bank account.
In this guide, we will see various methods to change mobile numbers in HDFC Bank in easy steps, step with step instructions.
HDFC Bank Mobile Number Change Requirements
- Old mobile number must be with you to change your mobile number through ATM.
- The new mobile number must be active and able to receive and send SMS.
- HDFC customer ID, number to fill in account HDFC mobile number change form, branch name etc.
Change Mobile Number with HDFC Bank through SMS Banking
Registering your mobile number with HDFC Bank for missed calls and SMS banking is easy.
You need to send an SMS to 5676712. Type the word REGISTER in capitals, leave a space, then write your customer ID, then leave a space again, and write the last five digits of your bank account number.
After you send the message, you will get a reply from the bank, and the message number will register with your account.
Register/Change Mobile Number at HDFC Bank ATM:
If you are changing your old number, which had already registered with the bank, don’t worry. You can change your number in the bank very easily.
To register a new mobile number, follow the steps given below-
- Go to the nearest HDFC Bank ATM with your debit card.
- Insert the card and select the language as per your convenience.
- Select the main menu and go to more options and click on it.
- ‘Update registered mobile number.’
- After selecting the option, enter your new mobile number and click on ‘Confirm’.
- You need to re-enter the number and confirm it again.
- Next, you enter your PIN.
- They will accept your request.
- They will update your new mobile number within 24 hours to two days.
- Once the update is complete, the bank will inform you that your number had updated via SMS.
Change Mobile Number through Net Banking Online
You can also update or change your mobile number in HDFC Bank through Net Banking. To change your mobile number through net banking, follow the below steps.
- Open the official website of HDFC Net Banking.
- Then log in to register net banking page.
- Go to ‘Update Contact Details.
- Download the ‘Email ID Update Form’.
- Please fill out the document and submit it to the branch.
- Then they change your mobile number.
Visit the bank to change the mobile number.
Asunder from this, you can physically visit the bank and change the mobile number.
- Go to your HDFC home branch.
- Ask form to change your mobile number.
- You can also download it online.
- Fill the form with correct details and write your new mobile number.
- Put your signature on the form and submit it.
- Bank, after they receive your request, the bank will verify all the details provided by you.
- Once your mobile number is changed, they will inform you through SMS.
- But this process may take longer than the other two processes mentioned above.
Check the official site: http://hdfcbank.com
Email: [email protected]
SMS Banking Registration Number: 5676712
1. What is SMS Banking at HDFC?
HDFC SMS Banking enables its users to perform many functions like accessing account statements, mini-statements etc. The facility requires its customers to type a specific keyword and send it as an SMS to 5676712. The customer will then receive a text message response within seconds
2. Can I get my HDFC OTP by email?
Know how to get HDFC Customer ID. Registered Mobile Number – You must have a mobile number registered with the bank. The mobile number should be active and be able to receive OTP through SMS. Registered Email ID – To get OTPH, you need access to your registered email ID.
3. How can I update my HDFC OTP email?
Login to HDFC Bank Net Banking Portal, select the ‘Update Contact Details’ option from the top menu and continue. Select ‘Update Email ID’. ‘Optionally, enter the OTP sent to your mobile number (RMN), and they will update your email ID within seven working days.
4. Can we link two mobile numbers to a bank account?
So yes, you can add two phone numbers, but only one mobile number will link to the bank account. But if you like to receive SMS alerts and OTP on both phones, then it is not possible. As per bank guidelines, only one number will first receive alert messages and OTP.