Change the mobile number in HDFC Bank; HDFC Bank is the most trusted bank in India. HDFC Bank offers many digital banking facilities to its customers. A mobile number is mandatory for many banking transactions to use digital banking facilities.
Change the mobile number in the HDFC bank:
If your registered mobile number is lost or you change your mobile number, you should immediately update your mobile number in your HDFC Bank account.
In this guide, we will see various methods to change mobile numbers in HDFC Bank in easy steps, with step-by-step instructions.
HDFC Bank Mobile Number Change Requirements:
- An old mobile number must be with you to change your mobile number through an ATM.
- The new mobile number must be active and can receive and send SMS.
- HDFC customer ID, number to fill in account, HDFC mobile number change form, branch name, etc.
Change your Mobile Number with HDFC Bank through SMS Banking:
Registering your mobile number with HDFC Bank for missed calls and SMS banking is easy.
You need to send an SMS to 5676712. Type REGISTER in capitals, leave a space, write your customer ID, leave a room again, and note the last five digits of your bank account number.
After you send the message, you will get a reply from the bank, and the message number will register with your account.
Register/Change Mobile Number at HDFC Bank ATM:
If you are changing your old number, which had already registered with the bank, don’t worry. You can change your number in the bank very quickly.
To register a new mobile number, follow the steps given below-
- Go to the nearest HDFC Bank ATM with your debit card.
- Insert the card and select the language as per your convenience.
- Select the main menu, go to more options, and click on it.
- ‘Update registered mobile number.’
- After selecting the option, enter your new mobile number and click ‘Confirm’.
- You need to re-enter the number and confirm it again.
- Next, you enter your PIN.
- They will accept your request.
- They will update your new mobile number within 24 hours to two days.
- Once the update is complete, the bank will inform you that your number has been updated via SMS.
Change Mobile Number through Net Banking Online:
You can also update or change your mobile number in HDFC Bank through Net Banking. To change your mobile number through net banking, follow the below steps.
- Open the official website of HDFC Net Banking.
- Then log in to the register net banking page.
- Go to ‘Update Contact Details.
- Download the ‘Email ID Update Form’.
- Please fill out the document and submit it to the branch.
- Then they change your mobile number.
Visit the bank to change the mobile number:
You can physically visit the bank and switch your mobile number.
- Go to your HDFC home branch.
- Ask for the form to change your mobile number.
- You can also download it online.
- Complete the state with the correct details and write your new mobile number.
- Put your signature on the form and submit it.
- Bank after they receive your request, the bank will verify all the details provided by you.
- Once your mobile number is changed, they will inform you through SMS.
- But this process may take longer than the other two processes mentioned above.
- Check the official site: http://hdfcbank.com.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMS Banking Registration Number: 5676712
HDFC SMS Banking enables its users to perform many functions like accessing account statements, mini-statements, etc. The facility requires its customers to type a keyword and send it as an SMS to 5676712. The customer will then receive a text message response within seconds.
Know how to get an HDFC Customer ID. Registered Mobile Number – A mobile number must be registered with the bank. The mobile number should be active and be able to receive OTP through SMS. Registered Email ID – To get OTPH, you need access to your registered email ID.
Login to HDFC Bank Net Banking Portal, select the ‘Update Contact Details’ option from the top menu and continue. Select ‘Update Email ID’. ‘Optionally, enter the OTP sent to your mobile number (RMN), and they will update your email ID within seven working days.
So yes, you can add two phone numbers, but only one mobile number will link to the bank account. But if you like to receive SMS alerts and OTP on both phones, then it is not possible. As per bank guidelines, only one number will receive alert messages and OTP first.