Changing your Email ID in Google Pay is one of the most frequent questions users ask because they sometimes want to change their email address but don’t know how to do it properly. Want to learn more about changing your email ID in Google Pay?
In this article, we will discuss how to change your email ID in Google Pay so that every user can know it for their convenience.
Change your Email ID in Google Pay:
Google Pay is one of the best apps for transactions and has many users; it is considered the best app for contactless payments. It is not easy to access but very convenient to use.
And when we talk about how to change their email IDs in Google Pay, many users don’t know about this, which creates a problem for them.
However, this article will discuss changing your email ID in Google Pay. With that, we must know that you can surely update the email with the help of some steps mentioned below.
How do you change your email ID in Google Pay?
Let’s see the steps to change your email ID in Google Pay.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Now, go directly to Apps, click Manage Apps, and select ‘Google Pay’.
- Click the Clear Data option and enable Google Pay on your phone.
- First, enter your number, linked with your bank and press ‘Next’.
- Automatically, your phone will show you the Gmail address connected to the Google Pay account. You tap on the ‘pencil’ icon to change the email.
- Now, click on ‘Change Google Account’ and then select ‘Add Account’ to enter the new email, and you are all set to finish.
Other Steps to Change Email ID in Google Pay:
- Long press the Google Pay app icon (before opening the Google Pay app)
- Then, tap on the “I Button” or “App Info” button.
- These options may vary from device to device.
- Now, tap on the “Clear Data and Storage” option.
- It also clears all existing data of the application and account.
- You can set up the same Google Pay account with a different email address.
- Now, go to the Google Pay application and open it.
- Enter your registered mobile number.
- The Google Pay application will automatically fetch your Google Pay account details.
- To modify your email address, click on the “pen icon”.
- Now tap on “Change Google Account”.
- Enter your new email address or select one of the existing emails.
- Tap on the “Next” button.
- Google Pay will send an OTP to your linked mobile number and email account.
- Enter the OTP to complete the verifying process.
- It will change your current email account.
Yes, you can create a new account from the trim arrow options. Tap on Add Account. Next, make your unique email ID. Then, follow the steps and link it to Google Pay.
Yes, you need to tap and hold the Google Pay app. Then click on App Info once the app information is displayed on the screen. Then tap on the Notifications option. Next, make the settings according to you.
Yes, you can change your phone number from your Google Pay account just like you update your email address in Google Pay. Similarly, you can edit your phone number on Google Pay. However, you cannot link two phone numbers simultaneously on Google Pay.
On your Android phone or tablet, say, “OK, Google, open Assistant settings.” Or, go to Assistant Settings. Make sure you sign in to the additional account you want to use. Next to your email address, tap the down arrow. If the statement has not been recorded, wipe. Add another account.
Ahead of the launch of the recently redesigned app, Google announced an experience for Google Pay that allows the app to lock to only one smartphone at a time. It means users cannot use the app simultaneously on multiple devices.
Google Pay protects your payment information with numerous layers of security, utilising one of the world’s most advanced safety infrastructures to help keep your account secure. Google Pay doesn’t share your valid card number when you spend in stores, so your data is safe.