Atlantic Union Bank Shares Corporation is a bank-carrying company headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, with Virginia roots dating back to 1900. Through its subsidiaries, the Company offers checking and savings accounts, credit cards, various personal and business financial services, Debt products, and wealth management.
Atlantic Bank is the Company’s primary subsidiary, with 114 branches throughout Virginia, Maryland, and North Carolina.
History of Atlantic Union Bank
The bank had founded as First Market Bank, FSB, on November 4th, 1997, in Memphis, Tennessee, as a joint experience between the Ukrop’s Food Group and National Commerce Bank corporations, later acquired by SunTrust Banks. In March 2005, the bank shifted its headquarters to Richmond.
In March 2006, SunTrust sold its 49 percent claim in the bank to Markel Corporation, a parcel, and casualty insurer, for $82.6 million. On February 1st, 2010, the bank had acquired by Bowling Green-based Union Bankshares Corporation in a $105 million transaction.
In 2010, the Company consolidated its associates Union Bank and Trust Co., Northern Neck Bank, and The Rappahannock Bank of Washington into a bank. It changed its name to Union First Market Bank.
In January 2014, the Company received StellarOne Corporation in a stock transaction esteemed at $445 million.
On May 2014, the bank acquired StellarOne Bank, established in 1900 as The Second National Bank of Culpeper, to create the largest community bank headquartered in Virginia. In February 2015, the bank changed its title to Union Bank & Trust.
In January 2018, the Company achieved the $701 million purchase of Xenith Bankshares, the largest Virginia banking transaction in decades. It merged Xenith Bank, formerly known as Bank of Hampton Roads, into the bank.
The deal expands the bank’s footprint in Hampton Roads, Maryland, and North Carolina. In May 2019, the bank modified its name to Atlantic Bank.
Atlantic Union Bank Hours
Online banking is always available, providing quick and comfortable access to your money with enhanced security. You require 24/7 banking, and you can do many of the transactions you need to perform online.
- Online bill pay allows you to view your bills in one organized place for free.
- Set up text and email alerts to notify you when payments are posted, checks are clear, and balances increase.
- Transfer money between your Atlantic Union Bank and non-Atlantic Union Bank accounts and make person-to-person (P2P) transfers.
- Get instant access to online statements while reducing paper storage and clutter.
- Categorize your transactions, control your spending, manage your bills, stay on budget and forecast your cash flow.
Atlantic Union Bank Holiday hours
Atlantic Bank follows the standard holiday schedule of the Federal Reserve System. Branches and Departments will be closed to observe the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day (Saturday, January 1st)
- King Martin Luther Jr. Day (Monday, January 17th)
- Presidents’ Day (Monday, February 21st)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 30th)
- Juneteenth Recognition (Monday, June 20th)
- Independence Day (Monday, July 4th)
- Labor Day (Monday, September 5th)
- Columbus Day (Monday, October 10th)
- Veterans Day (Friday, November 11th)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 24th)
- Christmas Eve (Saturday, December 24th) – all branches and Customer Care close at noon
- Christmas Day (Monday, December 26th)
Atlantic union bank service timings:
Atlantic Bank Hours are:
|Sunday||8:00 AM – 8: PM|
|Monday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||9: AM – 5:00 PM|
Atlantic union bank customer care
If you want to speak with someone, please call the Customer Care Centre at 800-990-4828.
To know more about Atlantic bank, follow their official website https://www.atlanticunionbank.com/.
Atlantic Union Bank has 151 banking offices, including 40 operated by Union Bank & Trust of Richmond, Virginia, as Xenith Bank, and approximately 220 ATMs throughout Virginia, Maryland, and North Carolina.
Union Bank & Trust In May 2014, the bank acquired StellarOne Bank, established in 1900 as The Second National Bank of Culpeper, to create the largest community bank headquartered in Virginia. In February 2015, the bank switched its name to Union Bank & Trust.
It’s easy. Zelle is available on Atlantic Union Bank’s mobile application and online banking.