Apply for an ATM card in an Indian bank. Indian Bank is one of the most significant banks in India, people have an account with this bank, and they also suggest their friends and family members open accounts with Indian Bank because of the service they give to their customers.
I assume you already have an account with them because you are searching online for a guide to help you apply for a new Indian Bank ATM card. Hence, you landed on this webpage online.
This article will tell you the complete offline procedure for the new ATM card application associated with your account.
Apply for an ATM card in an Indian bank:
As mentioned in the initial part of this article, we will tell you the offline procedure to get a new card for you and not the online process. So keep reading to know the system you should follow.
- The first thing you demand to do is to collect the ATM card application form.
- You can see your home branch where you have opened your bank account.
- You can also download this Application online from the bank’s authorised website.
- Fill out the application form with all the details asked in the state.
- Cross-check to verify that there are no errors.
- After you have successfully filled out the form, put your signature on it.
- Please apply to the bank officials, and you have done it!
- You will soon get a new Indian Bank ATM card.
After getting an ATM card, you must first activate the ATM Card through two methods.
- Through Indian Bank ATM
- Through IVR
Steps to Activate Indian Bank ATM Card at Indian Bank ATM:
To activate their debit card, customers must first generate and start their 4-digit PIN by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit any Indian Bank ATM and insert the debit card.
- On the main page of the ATM net, first, select your preferred language.
- Once that is done, select the “Generate/Set PIN” option.
- Click on “Generate OTP” to continue the process.
- The OTP (One-Time Password) will now send to your recorded mobile number.
- Now, enter your Indian Bank account number.
- Re-join your number as part of the confirmation process.
- Select “Yes” to link your registered mobile number and bank account to your Indian Bank Debit Card.
- Verify your bank account and debit card details on the screen.
- Enter the OTP sent to your recorded mobile number.
- Type a four-digit PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the 4-digit PIN combination to confirm.
- Finally, click “Confirm” to activate your Indian Bank ATM Debit Card.
- Indian Bank will notify you that your debit card PIN has been activated.
You can now continue to transact at physical and online business establishments and withdraw from any ATM across India. Make confident you change your PIN frequently to improve the security of your debit card.
Steps to Start Indian Bank Debit Card through IVR:
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Phone Banking Facility, Indian Bank customers can start their debit card via the IVR Phone Banking facility by following the below steps.
- Using your Indian Bank recorded mobile number, call any of the Indian Bank national IVR toll-free numbers – 1800 425 00 000/1800 425 4422.
- Select option 2 for Debit Card-related questions from other options given
- Select option 4 to enter the Indian Bank ATM Debit Card PIN.
- Enter your 16-digit Indian Bank ATM Card number as requested.
- After you enter the debit card number, type the expiry date of your debit card number in DDMMYY format.
- Now, enter your Indian Bank account number.
- Enter your DOB in DDMMYYYY format.
- Once you have entered all the necessary details, dial the national toll-free number of the Indian Bank IVR phone banking facility again.
- Now, select option 5 to generate an ATM Debit Card PIN.
- Enter your debit card number again.
- Enter your debit card CVV number as requested.
- The CVV number is the 3-digit numeral on the back of your card.
- After you enter your debit card details, enter a 4-digit PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the ATM ATM Card PIN to confirm the combination.
- Once done, Indian Bank will notify you that your PIN had generated.
- The bank will also notify you that your PIN and debit card is active.
You can continue making payments at POS terminals and withdrawals using your Indian Bank Debit Card.
The entire process used Indian Bank’s toll-free numbers, so phone call charges are not applicable. Indian Bank does not charge any other charges for using the service, apart from activating a debit card at an Indian Bank ATM and using the Interactive Voice Response phone banking facility.
Indian Bank customers can utilise their Indian Bank internet banking account and the bank’s mobile app to activate their debit cards.
If you forgot your PIN, follow the above steps to change it. You can also operate your net banking account and Indian Bank Mobile App – IndPay Mobile Banking to change your debit card PIN if you have forgotten it.
To activate your ATM, you must visit an Indian Bank ATM, as this process cannot perform at any bank ATM. You must first activate your debit card to transact online or at any physical business establishment. If an Indian Bank ATM is far from you, use Indian Bank internet banking, mobile app or phone banking facilities to activate your debit card.
Bank will send you a message that your PIN has been generated to your registered mobile number as soon as it is activated. After that, every time you use your Indian Bank ATM Debit Card for a transaction or withdrawal, the bank will notify you of the amount debited from your account and the remaining balance in your account.