Are you an Indian Bank customer? Do you use a debit/ATM card? Are you keeping the Card safe? Do you want to block the ATM card of the Indian bank? The Card may be stolen, or you may lose or misplace it.
If someone finds the ATM card, there are chances of misusing it. The person can withdraw the entire balance in your account. It would be best to block/hotlist the lost Card immediately to prevent misuse. Indian Bank offers various methods to secure a lost ATM card.
You can choose any one method and block the Card immediately. Let’s learn about different ways of securing Indian Bank ATM cards.
Methods to block Indian bank ATM cards:
There are Six methods. Using any of these methods, you can fast block the ATM card of an Indian bank.
- Block ATM card by calling customer care toll-free number
- By India Bank paid number
- Block ATM cards by sending an Email.
- By India Bank’s nearest branch
- From the Internet banking
- Block India Bank ATM card Using IndOASIS App.
Block ATM card of Indian bank Using Toll-Free Number:
- You can call the 24X7 toll-free helpline number and request to block your ATM card.
- Dial the national toll-free number 180042500000 from your registered mobile number.
- Follow the IVR instructions to connect with a customer care executive.
- Register complaint to block ATM card.
- Questions had asked for executive verification.
- You must provide authentic information to the executive.
- After confirmation, the ATM card will block. You will receive a success message with the reference number on your registered mobile.
Block Indian Bank Debit Card Using Paid Numbers:
- Apart from dialling a toll-free number, you can dial paid numbers and request to block the Card.
- Dial 044-25279884, 044-25279897, 044-25279898 or 044-25279899 from your registered mobile number.
- Follow the IVR instructions and connect with a customer care executive.
- The entire process of requesting to block an ATM card is the same.
Send an Email to Block Indian Bank Debit Card:
- You can send a request through Email to block an ATM card.
- Mention relevant details of the Card, account and account holder and Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the ATM card is blocked, you will receive a confirmation email from the bank.
Block Indian Bank ATM Card by Visiting the Branch:
- If you are uncomfortable with the above methods of blocking an ATM card, you can visit the home branch and request to stop the Card.
- Meet the Accounts Executive and convey your requirement to block the ATM card.
- Mention the specific reason for blocking the Card.
- You will have to submit relevant documents if required, so make sure to carry relevant documents like a passbook, identity proof and, if possible, the letter received with the ATM card.
- After verifying the details, the executive will block the lost Card and notify you.
- Indian Bank provides various methods to block ATM cards instantly.
- Don’t delay choosing any options to block the debit card.
- A lost card may be misused, and you may withdraw money from your account! Make a quick decision and block the Card.
Using Internet Banking:
- Open the Indian Bank website on your phone/computer. https://www.indianbank.inClick on the Net Banking option, and from the new screen, log in with your User ID and Password.
- Click on the ‘Block ATM Card’ option from the main menu.
- Select the ATM card number and the reason for blocking and click the block button.
Using IndOASIS App:
- Download IndOASIS Mobile App from Play Store.
- Open the app and register with your account details.
- Also, create an app password.
- If the registration is successful, log in to the app by entering the mPIN.
- From the main menu, click on the ‘Cards’ option.
- On the new screen, select Card to block.
- Now, click on the ‘Lock this’ card option.
- On the new screen, put a tick mark before the disclaimer statement.
- Then tap on the Lock button.
In this post, I have defined how to block Indian Bank ATM cards using six easy ways. Each method is easy, and you can block ATM cards quickly. If you have difficulty stopping your Indian Bank ATM card, please comment on your queries in the comment section below.
Yes, when you enter the wrong ATM PIN more than two times (3rd time blocked), your Card can be temporarily blocked by mistake. Also, some banks allow temporary ATM card blocking through the internet or SMS banking.
You can unblock your Card by offering a written application or paper at the bank. Also, nowadays, banks provide this establishment through mobile or internet banking, where you can get the request. Sometimes, you can use the bank’s automated report system or customer service to escalate the demand.
You cannot complete online payments if your debit card is blocked. If your ATM card and debit card are different, you can use the ATM card only for ATM transactions and not for online payments. In that case, you can still make online payments with a debit card. Banks mainly issue a debit-cum-ATM card.
Yes, you can transfer money via NEFT/IMPS/RTGS. All these ways are available in internet banking. However, you cannot transfer money through an ATM after the ATM card is blocked.