- 1 RBL Credit card:
- 2 How to register for an RBL credit card:
- 3 How to close your RBL Bank Credit card?
- 4 How to redeem credit card points before closing the card?
- 5 Frequently asked questions(FAQs):
Do you need help to cancel or close your RBL bank credit card but need to know how? You can initiate your request to close the card by following the steps mentioned in the article.
RBL Credit card:
RBL bank is a well-known private bank. It provides various banking solutions for retail customers, NRI customers, Corporate customers, Credit cards, investments, and loans. And Many different types of credit cards are provided to eligible customers with respective limits.
You can take a credit card if you are a salaried person or self-employed. Even corporate companies where the company’s representative can access the card under the company or organization. The detailed procedure is explained in the article.
How to register for an RBL credit card:
- Go to the official website of the bank, i.e., www.rblbank.com.
- On the homepage, you will see the ‘Login’ option; click on it and go to ‘Personal banking.’
- If it is your first time, click on ‘First time user’ and click ‘Register’.
- You will be directed to a page you can see ‘Mode of Registration. Under that, click on ‘Credit Card.
- Now, enter your card number, expiry date and CVV number.
- After you enter all the details, click on ‘Submit’.
- Then enter the OTP number you will get to your registered mobile number or email.
- Enter all the security questions and fill in the details accordingly.
- Now you have to select security pictures.
- Then after creating a password and confirming it.
- Remember the User ID and password which we use during our login.
RBL Credit card login:
You can log in to your account by following the steps below:
- Go to the official bank website, i.e. www.rblbank.com.
- Next, you will be redirected to the online banking portal online.rblbank.com.
- Now you will see the login option. Click on it.
- Enter the login ID and Password correctly
- After entering the details, click on login. You will be logging into your account.
How to close your RBL Bank Credit card?
Whatever the reason for closing the card, there are many ways to close the RBL credit card. They are like email, customer care and visiting the nearest branch. You can use the convenient option for your closure request.
In this method, you can send a direct mail to the bank asking to close your credit card. The following are some emails you can send the request to.
In the mail, you have to give the following details:
- Cardholders name
- Card number
- Date of Birth
- Expiry date.
Visit the nearest branch:
One of the easiest methods is to go to the nearest branch. The cardholder can go to the bank directly and ask for card closure. After asking, fill in the basic details and submit them. Remember to cut the card diagonally to avoid misuse of the card.
Another way to close the card is to contact customer care and ask to close the card. You can also check your status and ask your queries.
Customer care numbers: +912271190900 & +912262327777
Tips to follow while closing the credit card:
While closing your RBL Bank credit card, you need to follow some tips.
- Clear all your dues like EMIs, transactions, etc.
- Before cancellation, remember to claim all the reward points.
- Remember to cancel all subscriptions and automatic payments.
New Rules on Card closure:
- The card has to be cancelled within 30 days of the cancellation request. However, the customer has to clear all the dues before cancellation.
- If the card is not used for one year, then the issuer can deactivate the card and notify the user. If there is no response from the user within 30 days, the account is closed.
- The card issuer has to pay a 500/- fine if they don’t process the cancellation after the request.
- The card issuer must give various channels like mobile banking, online banking, a helpline, a dedicated email, mobile app for submitting the closure request.
- If credit is still available in the cardholder’s account, the amount should be transferred to the user’s account.
- Credit card issuers should notify the credit bureau within 30 days of closure.
Consequences due to closing of the credit card:
Due to credit card closing, the credit score may fall. It increases the credit utilization ratio due to credit card closure, as the total card limit will be reduced. You can avoid it by cutting your expenses.
The credit history will suddenly stop if the cardholder cancels only the available credit card. Which will affect the credit score. Gradually, it may lead to the credit score becoming invalid.
How to redeem credit card points before closing the card?
Before closing the RBL Credit card, remember to claim all the reward points. You cannot redeem them after closure anyways. So, to claim the reward, you need to follow the following steps:
- Firstly, go to the official website and log in to your account.
- Now you have to select the category where you want to redeem the points and how many points to redeem.
- You will receive an OTP to your registered number. Enter the OTP number.
- Then, you must make payment for the reward product and complete the process.
- You can use your credit for the transaction if the reward points are less than the product value.
A cardholder can close the card anytime in many ways. But it may affect your credit score. A credit card can be closed for many reasons, like excessive annual fees or no usage. There are both online and offline ways to cancel the card.
Frequently asked questions(FAQs):
The RBL card can be used as a credit card, loan card, cash card, EMI card etc.
Yes, you can make online payments using an RBL card. Just select the RBL Credit card pay during your payment.
The late repayment fee is charged if you don’t pay your RBI card.
It is 5% of the total outstanding amount.
The best RBL Credit card of 2022, ShopRite credit card, World safari credit card etc.
Yes, you can withdraw cash from ATMs using the card.
No, there is no particular limit; it changes based on factors like credit score, repayments, etc.