- 1 Steps to Close Punjab National Bank Account
- 1.1 Punjab National Bank Account Closure Form
- 1.1.1 Minimum Balance to Maintain in Punjab National Bank Account
- 1.1.2 Charges payable
- 1.1.3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 184.108.40.206 1. What happens if the amount deposited in my account is less than the minimum amount, i.e. negative?
- 220.127.116.11 2. Keeping a minimum balance in a bank account is important?
- 18.104.22.168 3. Can I close my account in Punjab National Bank through net banking?
- 22.214.171.124 4. Can I close my account with a negative balance in Punjab National Bank?
- 126.96.36.199 5. Is it possible to close the Punjab National Bank account online?
- 188.8.131.52 6. Are KYC documents required to close an account in Punjab National Bank?
- 184.108.40.206 7. How can I get my amount back after closing my account with PNB?
- 220.127.116.11 8. Can I close my PNB bank account before one year?
- 18.104.22.168 9. What if I fail to pay my negative amount to Punjab National Bank?
To close the PNB bank account, you should follow some steps but before that, let us know what PNB is. Punjab National Bank, abbreviated PNB, was established in May 1894 and was the second-largest bank to be acquired by the Government of India.
Punjab National Bank, under the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, banking and financial services industry, provides its customers with key facilities like credit card, corporate banking, investment banking, consumer banking, insurance, loans, wealth management etc.
However, due to some specific reasons, you are ready to close your existing bank account. Some reasons include poor facility, unsatisfactory customer service, transaction problems, delay in services or personal disputes between you and bank officials.
For this, the article is enough to explain to you the bank account closure process clearly.
Steps to Close Punjab National Bank Account
You can easily go through these steps to understand how to close savings or accounts in Punjab National Bank.
Step 1: Get the account closure form.
Visit any branch of Punjab National Bank directly and grab the bank account closure form from the bank. Or you can directly download the account closure form from here.
Step 2: Fill out PNB Account Closure
After getting the account closure form, you will ask to complete it carefully. The form will ask you for the details – account number, account holder name, customer ID, and mobile number.
The form will ask you to state the reasons for closing your existing savings account and will ask you to specify how you are going to receive the amount already saved in your account. And, of course, signatures are expected at every place.
Step 3: Withdraw the balance.
You can withdraw your cash in the form of a check or cash, transfer from your existing PNB account to another PNB account or transact from PNB to any other bank account of your choice.
Step 4: PNB Account Closure Form
Once you have completed all the details asked in the submission form, you should visit your home branch of Punjab National Bank and submit the completed account closure form to the bank officer. You will also ask to surrender your current savings account passbook, debit card and cheques.
Additionally, you must provide your KYC documents to the bank officials, which means knowing your customer documents containing your ID and address proof, which you must submit along with the debit card, passbook and cheque.
Step 5: The account will be closed
After completing the steps mentioned above, the bank will take the account closure process further. You will ask to withdraw the amount deposited in your account as you like. Don’t forget to get the receipt from the bank.
Important Things to Remember
Before Closing Punjab National Bank: In it, we have concluded the points you should keep in mind while closing a PNB account, to experience a smooth and hassle-free account closure process.
- You can easily withdraw the deposited amount even if it is less than the minimum bank balance. However, it should be more than zero.
- If your bank balance is less than zero, i.e. negative, you will ask to pay a bank maintenance fee.
- Suppose your Punjab National Bank account had linked to a bank facility. In that case, you should close that facility before closing your bank account.
- So, delink automated payments connected with your bank cards.
- You advised opening a new bank account before closing your PNB account.
- It helps you in money transactions and many other things.
- Make sure to keep a soft copy of your bank statement as it will require various things in future.
- To make PNB account closure easy and hassle-free, pay all dues and penalties imposed by the bank if any.
Note: In case of any problem during the PNB Bank account closing process, directly contact the Punjab National Bank branch, their contact number – 1800 180 2222.
Punjab National Bank Account Closure Form
You can easily download the Bank Account Closure Form of Punjab National Bank below the link. PNB Bank Account Closing Form Download.
Minimum Balance to Maintain in Punjab National Bank Account
Various bank balances are required to maintain in Punjab National Bank. Here had clearly stated for you:
- PNB in a rural area = 500/-
- PNB in any semi-urban area = 1000/-
- PNB in Urban area = 2000/-
- PNB in Metropolitan = 2000/-
If you close your bank account after depositing your first amount in the bank within 14 days, the bank will not charge any amount for closing your PNB Bank account.
However, charges are payable if the account is closed after 14 days or a few years. The charges are as follows:
Closing SF account within one year of opening –
- For non-individuals: Rs. 500
- For individuals: Rs. 200
Closing current account within one year of opening –
- For non-individuals: Rs. 800
- For individuals: Rs. 500
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What happens if the amount deposited in my account is less than the minimum amount, i.e. negative?
In such cases, the bank will make you pay a maintenance fee, which can become problematic. Can I apply for closure of my account without visiting the bank? Not only that. It would help if you visited the Punjab National Bank home branch to close your account.
2. Keeping a minimum balance in a bank account is important?
Yes, indeed, it is. If you fail to maintain the minimum amount or fail to do so, the bank will penalize you and ask for a maintenance fee.
3. Can I close my account in Punjab National Bank through net banking?
No. It is necessary to visit the bank in person.
4. Can I close my account with a negative balance in Punjab National Bank?
It will cause you many problems. So, make sure to maintain a minimum balance in the respective account.
5. Is it possible to close the Punjab National Bank account online?
Not only that. A physical visit to the bank had required.
6. Are KYC documents required to close an account in Punjab National Bank?
Along with KYC documents, it is important to carry identity proof and account closure documents.
7. How can I get my amount back after closing my account with PNB?
You will give several options to withdraw your remaining money. You can take it in cash, check or transaction.
8. Can I close my PNB bank account before one year?
Yes, there is a certain amount to be paid with it.
9. What if I fail to pay my negative amount to Punjab National Bank?
Due to this, you may face more problems, and the bank may take legal action against you. Such advanced situations will create hurdles for you when you open a new account in any other bank.