It is always easy to open a bank account, but it is always a hassle to close. You can read this article if you are looking for ways to approach a PNC bank account. This article has several ways to complete, reasons, and things to do before the closure. Please read it carefully to learn more information about the procedure.
About PNC Bank account closure:
PNC bank is a famous American bank that provides various financial services to its customers. The headquarters of the bank is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This bank has more than 2,500 branches around 27 states. They provide secured services like loans, mortgages, credit cards, investments, etc.
Customers can use the bank’s services by opening an account. If you are looking for ways to close your bank account in this bank, read this article. This article has clear explanations about the procedures to close the account.
Can a PNC bank account be closed?
Yes, you can close a PNC bank account. If you are figuring it out, how? Then the following are the ways to complete it.
- Visiting the bank
- Writing a letter of closure
- Calling through the phone.
Things to do before closure:
There are some steps that every customer needs to take before closing a PNC bank account. The following list is the things to do.
- Transfer your funds: You need to transfer all the funds to the current account you want to close because there are some chances you may lose all the money.
- Open a new bank account: Before completing a statement in this bank, open a new one in another bank to transfer the balance amount to the latest version. You can use this account to pay your subscriptions, bills, etc.
- Remove or Switch subscriptions and auto payments: This is crucial because your previous account may be attached to different subscriptions and auto pays. Remove all the subscriptions and link them to your new or another account.
- Pay all the dues: If there are any due or outstanding credits remaining to pay, then pay them before closure. You can avoid extra fees or charges by paying them.
- Review the direct deposit: Give your employer the new bank account details so you can get your payment amount to your new account.
How to close a PNC Bank account?
There are some ways to close a bank account. You can complete a PNC bank account by following the below methods. They are,
Every bank has an official banking app or online website. Follow the below steps and close the account.
- Firstly open the website or banking app on your device.
- Now login to your account using login credentials.
- After signing in, go to the menu and select account closure options.
- Select the optional and follow the instructions carefully.
Visit the nearest branch:
Visit the bank’s nearest branch to your location or where you opened the account. You can find the nearest branch using the branch locator app. Enter your location details like address, ZIP code, city, etc. After visiting, provide your bank details like closure application, account name, and number. They will process the closure after your request.
Contact the bank:
The easiest way is to contact the PNC bank and request an account closure. If you call the bank, you will connect with the agent and provide your details. You need to provide the following information to them.
- Identification proof
- Bank account number and name
- User ID and password
- Credit and debit card details.
After your closure, request the bank to send the confirmation letter.
Customer care number: 1-888-762-2265.
Write a closure letter:
Write a letter for closure with your bank account details to request closure. Send the mail to the bank. They will initiate after verification.
PNC bank is a famous bank in America, and you can close the bank account in many ways. A customer opens a tab and seals due to many reasons. You can complete the bank account online by sending mail, visiting the branch, and through phone calls. The customer care number is 1-888-762-2265.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Yes, there are several ways to close the PNC bank account online request, mail, phone, and visit the branch.
There is no fee to open or close a bank account. It is entirely free to close a bank account from a bank.
Yes, you can close your bank account in a different branch from where you opened the account. You need to provide your bank account details and request closure.
You can contact the bank through their customer care number, i.e., 1-888-762-2256.