Sometimes you think you want to use something other than your Visa Gift card for shopping; then you can convert it into cash. Recycling them is not easy, but it has better methods to try. There are many ways you can convert the gift card amount into money. This article gives you a detailed explanation of the process to correct them. You can read them carefully and follow the best method you like.
What is Visa Gift Card?
A Visa Gift card is as same as a prepaid card that can be used while purchasing at merchants that accept this card for payment. These gift cards are the best option to gift someone on their birthdays, anniversaries, and many other occasions. These are suitable for all ages, you can give them your preferred amount, and they can use it as they wish.
You can purchase these cards online or from any retail merchant. You can use these cards for payments only when they accept them. There are different occasions like holidays and festivals you will get these gift cards majorly. If you don’t want to use these cards, you can convert them into cash directly to your bank account. You can convert the amount into money and use these cards to pay your credit card bills for many reasons.
How to convert a Visa Gift card to a bank account?
You must know that you can convert a Visa Gift card to a bank account in several ways. The following are some of them. Converting while using some methods may not give direct cash; you can use them to pay your bills.
Add the gift card amount to your Paypal wallet:
The best way to get cash from a Visa Gift card is by adding them to your Paypal wallet. Paypal accepts linking debit cards, so add them to your wallet and use the balance for other purchases. By adding these cards, you can use the amount from the bank accounts that are linked to the cards. You can add money to Paypal by following the below steps.
- Firstly open the Paypal app on your device.
- Login to your account using your credentials and go to the app’s menu.
- Next, click on the ‘Wallet’ option and next click on the ‘Link a card’ option on the screen.
- Under the ‘Link a card manually’ option, click the ‘Click debit or Credit card’ option.
- Then enter your card number, expiration date, and CVV code.
- Fill in your registered address, and click the ‘Link card’ option.
Transfer your gift card balance to the Cash app:
The cash app is a mobile application that transfers money to your friends and other contacts. Using this app, you can invest in Bitcoins and Stocks and transfer funds by following the steps below.
- First, open the Cash app on your device.
- Then in the right corner, you can see the profile icon. Tap on it.
- Click on the ‘Linked banks’ option or ‘Add bank’ under the profile icon.
- Next, tap on ‘Link bank’ and enter your card number, expiration number, and CVV code. Enter the ZIP code and address.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Link card’ option.
Add card to Venmo app:
Venmo is a famous financing app that Paypal owns, and this app accepts debit, credit, prepaid, and network-branded cards. You can use the amount in the card by linking it to the bank account.
- Open the Venmo app on your device.
- On the main page, tap on the ‘profile icon’ option.
- Next, tap on settings and select the ‘Payment methods’ option.
- Now click on ‘Cards.’ After that, enter your card number, expiration date, and CVV code.
- Enter your address and ZIP code. Finally, tap on the ‘Add’ option.
Sell the gift card through the website or app:
There is a way to get money from a Visa gift card to sell them to other customers through mobile apps or websites. Several apps like Card cash and Prepaid2cash app deal with the cards. But these are expensive, so you should consider this step your last.
The fee for Card cash is 10% of the gift card value. For Prepaid2cash, 15% of the card value+$1.5 fee for instant processing and 7.5% processing fee+$1.5 for a delivery fee for extra business days.
Steps to selling using the Prepaid2cash app:
- Firstly download the app on your device and register the app.
- Next, tap on the ‘New transaction’ option on the screen.
- Now click on ‘Gift card’ for store-branded cards and ‘Prepaid cards’ for a Visa gift card.
- Next, tap on the ‘Continue’ option, and you need to allow the camera for this app.
- Then take a photo of your card and enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Enter your card details and CVV number.
- Now click on the ‘Transaction’ option and choose your transaction method.
- Finally, connect your bank account.
Pay the card for paying bills:
As we know, you will only sometimes get direct cash from gift cards. You can use them to pay bills like electricity, water, gas, internet, etc. But to pay using these cards, the receiver must accept these cards for payments. It would be best to remember that gift cards are the same as credit cards. So when you use the card, you need to pay the bills.
Use exchange Kisok to trade the gift cards:
You will find an ATM-like machine whenever you visit a shopping mall or mart. This machine is used to get cash from gift cards. You can swipe the card and find the offers. Select the request as per your wish and get the amount.
Sell the card to other people:
Many people have no.of gift cards during holidays. The best way to get rid of a Visa Gift card, sell it to other people if they take it. You can get rid of them and can earn profit too. This method is followed by many because everyone is interested in buying gift cards. Use this opportunity and get the amount from the cards.
Buy a money order using the card:
You can purchase a money order from Walmart or many other stores using this gift card. You can only purchase them if and only if they accept these cards. Once you buy them, money will be deposited in your bank account.
Many get Visa Gift cards during festivals and holidays. People even purchase a Visa Gift card online or from any stores. Gift cards are prepaid, but you need to get cash quickly from these cards. Yes, you can get some money from the cards, but you may or may not get direct cash through the cards. You can get immediate cash using Paypal, Venmo, card cash, Money order, etc., and you can use them to pay your bills. Read the above ways to learn more about how to get money from the card.
Yes, there are several ways to get cash from a gift card, like a Paypal wallet, Venmo, Card cash, etc.
There is a processing fee and an extra delivery fee if you want to sell them through a website or mobile app. You can use apps like Crad cash, Prepaid2cash, etc., to sell them.
No, getting money from a gift card is more complex than getting it from a debit card. Even though these are prepaid cards, you can only indirectly get cash.
One of the best ways to use gift cards is to pay your housing bills. If these cards are accepted, you can produce electricity, gas, internet, etc.